How to Enter?
To take home the Medical Travel Media Awards, the first step needs to be taken – to submit your entry to the judging panel! We have streamlined the entry submission process to be as easy as possible, with all the steps being completely online.
All entries, documents, and required items can be submitted via our Entry Submission page
15 July 2019, 4:59 p.m.
The awards will be evaluated based on the following five key areas:
- Quality of Research (30 points)
- Quality of Technique/ Presentations (20 points)
- Creativity (20 points)
- Content/ Headlines (20 points)
- Digital/ Social Presence/ Shareability (10 points)
- Professional journalists and writers, and media agencies who are permanently and/or contractually, employed by print, electronic and online media organisations in globally. Full time journalists working for wires agency are also eligible to participate by virtue of their role as news providers to media organisations
- Freelancers and stringers/part-timers are welcomed to participate with the prior approval from the editor/news agency where the report was published or broadcasted
- Freelancers, stringers/part-timers, and media practitioners in institutions contracted by MHTC and/or those affiliated with the MTMA Secretariat are NOT ELIGIBLE to participate
- All works entering the competition should be in English. Entries in other languages must be submitted together with an official translation in English.
- All submissions must be made strictly on the MTMA Entry Form and contain full contact details of the entrant, including, passport-sized photograph, official work address, telephone and e-mail. Entries must reach the secretariat before 5 p.m. on 15 July 2019.
- Print/ Online Media: minimum of 500 words in length
- Broadcast Media: minimum of 1 minute in length
Terms and Conditions
- An official entry form must accompany all submissions.
- All entries must include the reach of the their article on social media. Please provide a file with the breakdown of post engagement on each social media platform.
- An original clipping or scanned copy in PDF format of the print/online report must be included in the submission. For broadcast, all entries must include a transcript and three (3) DVD copies of the recording or a YouTube link.
- Prizes will be awarded to category winners.
- Entrants agree to the reproduction of their submission for the purpose of judging and promotion of the awards. The judges have the right not to make an award in any category and their decision is final.